Occupational Therapy promotes health and independence by empowering people to perform meaningful and purposeful activities of daily living at their highest level of functioning. This may be accomplished through adaptation, exercise and problem-solving alternative solutions.
I have over 30 years of experience working with traumatic hand injuries, repetitive motion injuries, ergonomics and breast reconstruction patients. In addition to those specialty areas, I have general experience with orthopedics, neuro-rehabilitation, sensory processing issues and levels of alertness.
Zero Balancing has provided a whole new framework for my treatment sessions and interactions with patients, impacting healing and well-being. I currently provide PRN OT vacation coverage for several facilities in the Michiana area in addition to a private ZB practice.
Key principles that guide my work are:
- Body, Mind and Spirit are interconnected and must be addressed with each person.
- Posture and balance are the building blocks to improved function.
- Treat the whole person, not just an injury or illness. This includes the family and caregivers.
- We need to get to the root of the problem if you want to impact recovery and healing.
- Stress management is an important key to healing and wholeness.
- Follow through with an individualized Home Program impacts progress